For customers of J. Stephen Boyd, CPA, PSC aka Boyd Wealth Management
We are committed to keeping personal nonpublic information collected from our potential, current and former accounting and tax preparation clients confidential and secure. The proper handling and organization of personal information is our highest priority. As required by Federal Trade Commission Rule 16 CFR 313 under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, enacted by congress on November 13, 2000, we assure you of the following:
Categories of Disclosure:
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone:
- Except as permitted by law,
- Unless required by legal or regulatory authority,
- Unless you have authorized us to do so by legal document,
- Unless you have authorized us to do so by Consent for Disclosure of Tax Information
- Unless you have authorized us to do so by Consent for Use of Tax Information, and or
- Unless a non-affiliated third party agrees to :
- Safeguard your information using reasonable standards,
- Use the information for the intended purpose,
- Keep the information private under normal non-disclosure standards,
- Abide by applicable law.
Categories of Collection:
We collect and keep information and documents:
- Necessary for us to provide and administer services and products;
- When you complete fact finders, tax organizers, insurance or investment applications;
- Required retention by a legal or regulatory authority
Categories of Third Parties:
As applicable to the “Disclosure” and “Collection” procedure above, categories of affiliated and non-affiliated third parties to whom we may disclose nonpublic personal information with a valid business reason are:
- Information systems companies (when conducting software function, tax or financial research)
Policies and Practices:
We will not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone, except as stated above. If you decide to discontinue your relationship with our firm, we will continue to adhere to the privacy policies and practices described in this notice. We restrict access to all of your nonpublic personal information to those who are educated on maintaining the confidentiality and security of such information. We maintain, test and update physical and electronic procedures to ensure the protection and integrity of your nonpublic personal information. We have procedures to keep information current and complete including timely correction of inaccurate information.
Disclosure of Policy:
We recognize and respect your privacy concerns. Your confidence in us is paramount to our business continuance. Therefore, please contact us when you have questions or concerns about this policy.
Avantax affiliated advisors may only conduct business with residents of the states for which they are properly registered. Please note that not all of the investments and services mentioned are available in every state.